Have a little one on the way and need a little help decorating the nursery? With a million and one things already on your mind, doing the nursery should be a fun process. Here at Arlix + Hufie we have walked the path 4 times between so have pulled together a quick guide for you and as a bonus, we have sourced the perfect nursery room décor for you too!
Decorating a nursery can be a fun and exciting task for expecting parents. However, it can also be overwhelming with so many options and decisions to make.
Here are a few tips to help you decorate your nursery like a pro:
1. Start with a plan: Before you start buying décor and furniture, take some time to plan the layout of the room and decide on a colour scheme. Consider the natural light in the room and how it will change during the day.
2. Invest in a comfortable rocking chair or glider: This will be a staple in the nursery, and you'll be spending a lot of time in it, so make sure it's comfortable.
3. Choose a theme or colour scheme: A theme or colour scheme can help pull the room together and make it feel cohesive. You can choose a classic theme like animals or a more modern theme like geometric shapes.
4. Keep it simple: Avoid clutter and too many decorations, as this can make the room feel overwhelming and small.
5. Add personal touches: Incorporate personal touches into the room, like a special keepsake or a family photo.
6. Safety first: Make sure that everything you put in the room is safe for your baby. Avoid small items that can be choking hazards, and make sure all furniture is securely anchored.
7. Add some plants : Plants can help purify the air and create a calming environment in the nursery. Choose low-maintenance options like succulents or snake plants.
By following these tips, you'll be able to create a beautiful and functional nursery that will be a special space for both you and your baby.
Our top 5 accessories to add:
1. Wall art: Adding a statement piece of wall art or a gallery wall can add visual interest to the room and tie in the colour scheme.
2. Lighting: A mix of different lighting sources, such as a ceiling light, a floor lamp and table lamps, can create a warm and inviting atmosphere in the nursery.
3. Textiles: Adding a mix of textiles, such as a soft rug, a comfortable throw blanket, and a few decorative pillows can add warmth and texture to the room.
4. Window treatments: A set of curtains or shades can add privacy and help control the natural light in the room.
5. Bookshelves: A bookshelf can serve as both storage and décor, and can be filled with baby books, toys, and other items that are both functional and visually pleasing.
Here at Arlix + Hufie we are here to help you with any of your nursery needs. Jump on to our collections for nurseries to see our product range if you are interested in exploring the ultimate nursery.